An insider at The Layabouts, acting under the name of allaroundguy, seems to have leaked the ESRB test footage of The Legend of Doodle online, you can see the actual footage below:
We can tell a few things from analysing this leaked gameplay footage:
- Doodle alternate costumes confirmed, these appear to also confirm the appearance of Ms. Doodle from the 1986 arcade game.
- Bosses may appear on some stages.
- The render models appear to be completely replaced, putting more emphasis on the use of pixels.
- Ridley deconfirmed, no news yet on Launchman.
- Shaders replaced with toon-style outline.
- Double-jump confirmed.
- Earth is flat, confirmed.
- Moon also confirmed for flat.
Note that while this seems to be legitimate insider footage, we have to take this information with a grain of salt; some of the footage seems a little iffy as if it's been shopped, and the lack of inclusion of elements we already know about such as hat-wearing and StreetPass multiplayer may suggest this footage is fake or outdated. Still, this new leaked footage - along with the soundtrack's composer - could be a huge Boon to the Layabouts community. No news from Das Layahaus GmbH themselves yet.