Prototypes, oddities, and everything in-between.

4 replies to this topic

#1 LBUncleJoe

LBUncleJoe

Princess of Spain

• The Layabouts
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNew York, far from the city

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:43 PM

Heyo, it's been a long time since we released an old prototype on this here website - but it's something I really like to do!

For every idea that sees it through to the end, there's probably about 5 times as many that burn and die somewhere along the way. I love sharing bits and pieces of the process, so, I'd like to try and get back into the habit of doing it regularly.

To kick things off - here's a prototype that predates Game Maker: Studio! It was a simple movement engine I made some years back with the intent of seeing what I could do with a simple mechanic. The design ultimately went in the direction of a stealthy-puzzle-game, but didn't get past the basics. I elected to make some levels with what I had created, and set this baby boy free.

#2 IRHP

IRHP

Jr. Patrol Leader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:00 AM

This is really awesome. Thanks.

#3 LBUncleJoe

LBUncleJoe

Princess of Spain

• The Layabouts
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNew York, far from the city

Posted 01 June 2016 - 12:31 PM

No problem, glad you enjoy it!  :YAY: 

Got another one to share, fresh out of the earth.

Let Me Die was an attempt to build upon our Ludum Dare game I Died, and was quite a big deal for us at the Layabouts, being our primary focus for the later part of 2013. Things didn't quite work out with the project, for a multitude of reasons, and so we had to cancel it. We've kind of just been sitting on the alpha prototype since ever since, and I figure there's no reason to let all that hard work go to waste, so why not share what we managed to make at the time?

So if you'd like to see it for yourself, you can find the appropriate downloads on the other side of this link.

#4 Joebro88

Joebro88

Babby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:02 PM

I actually really enjoyed this prototype, shame to see it put aside. I understand all the trouble you went through though!

#5 IRHP

IRHP

Jr. Patrol Leader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:23 AM

I actually really enjoyed this prototype, shame to see it put aside. I understand all the trouble you went through though!

For some reason prototypes fascinate me greatly, in many cases even more so than finished games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users