36 replies to this topic

#1 Joebro88

Joebro88

Babby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:27 PM

Hello all! I've created this topic in order to submit my ideas, and have a place for others to be able to say what they want in Collectems.
Some suggestions would be being able to name your creatures, trade online, and have a log similar to a pokédex to record Collectems. What ideas do people have?

#2 LBUncleJoe

LBUncleJoe

Princess of Spain

• The Layabouts
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNew York, far from the city

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:28 PM

Nicknaming Collectems and a Pokedex equivalent are definitely features we'll be including into the game! Online trading is a tougher nut to crack, but we'll try our best.

#3 IRHP

IRHP

Jr. Patrol Leader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:21 AM

Well, I actually can't think of much. It already seems to emulate the best parts of Pokemon, surpass certain aspects, and add its own charm. I can definitely nitpick, though, that's my thing.

Playing as a bad guy is always good. Joining Team Rocket in Pokemon was always my dream but Nintendo is too soft for that. Being able to join a similar organization and commit crimes like stealing other players Collect'ems would be interesting.

Having two versions like Red/Blue with a few tweaks between versions would be cool and could increase sales (you would think the opposite) as well as replay value.

Having your Trainer be more involved would be cool. The Pokemon anime and manga displayed much more importance concerning Trainers and Satoshi Tajiri said they came closest to his true vision. Despite that Nintendo never went anywhere with that. Specifically, a Trainer style would be cool. Aggressive, Tactical, whatever; each could grant passive bonuses in battle and such.

Customization of Collect'ems. It always bugged me how in the vast world of Pokemon every Pikachu looks exactly the same with very few exceptions. Sure, there's a Shiny, or some species have male/female differences, but I don't think it goes far enough. Collect'ems could but I understand how much of a pain a feature like that would be.

This last one is more of an idea for a sequel, spin-off, or expansion/DLC. A MMO experience is what Pokemon fans have been craving. If any game genre has ever been destined for an MMO, it's monster collecting RPGs.

Well, I could keep pitching my bad ideas all day but here's a few.

#4 Joebro88

Joebro88

Babby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:07 PM

All cool ideas, and I'm glad to hear the simple things I wanted will be in the game :)
The only other thing I think would be great is physical releases of the game. That's probably impossible or expensive, but displaying the box of Collectems (for ps4 or Vita) would be extremely cool!

#5 IRHP

IRHP

Jr. Patrol Leader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:13 PM

^ I hadn't considered that. Maybe a limited run for collectors.

Speaking of packaging, modern games don't make manuals like they used to. It'd be cool to boot up the game and read the digital manual first, like most people did back in the day. It would really help push the old school vibe.

#6 Hinchy

Hinchy

It's The Hinch

• The Layabouts
  • 16 posts
  • LocationLafayette, LA

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:26 PM

Oh boy would we love to have a physical run of the game. And oh boy is that usually prohibitively expensive (at least on consoles it is). So yeah that isn't something that I'm thinking will happen, probably.

Never say never though - Retro City Rampage got a super-limited physical run on PS4. But, that'd entail achieving at least a Retro City Rampage level of popularity. So once again, don't get your hopes up.

sig.gif

#7 IRHP

IRHP

Jr. Patrol Leader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:22 AM

Is any specific console cheaper for physical copies? Maybe Vita, I'd guess? Perhaps a super-limited run just for Vita (which I assume would be most popular for this game anyway, given its nature).

You can always just make one especially for me, and sign it and all. =]

#8 Joebro88

Joebro88

Babby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:30 PM

I'd totally pay a heck of a lot just to have it in a Vita box...but I won't get my hopes up :P If there were a limited amount you could make, sign me up!

#9 IRHP

IRHP

Jr. Patrol Leader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:32 PM

^ Same here.

If you guys ever want to do spin-offs, consider the following genres:

TCG (Trading Card Game)
Pinball
Board Game
Visual Novel
Action RPG

I'd love to see more of the world in different ways!

#10 Joebro88

Joebro88

Babby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:46 PM

Haha, it would be interesting to see a Collectems board game.
A suggestion just popped into my head though, which has to do with saving! If there's going to be a randomly generated layout, it would be nice to have a ton of save slots for different runs. Then you wouldn't have to ditch everything you worked for to replay the game!

#11 IRHP

IRHP

Jr. Patrol Leader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:13 AM

^ True. At least more than one. That always bugged me in Pokemon.

Streaming this game on PS4 is going to be a blast. I general don't do thar but it seems really fit for it.

If it makes it's way to 3DS I bet it would look beautiful in 3D, too. I'd definitely buy it for both Vita and 3DS.

Anyway, another suggestion would be to implement optional Vita specific features. Often the touch screen, rear touch pad, and motion sensors go unutilized. Wouldn't mind seeing some use of them, if only minor.

I also hope this game has lots of Trophies and even a Platinum for PlayStation (even further, individual lists for each system to be able to 100% it three times; once each on PS3, PS4, and Vita).

I really appreciate the developers being so open and communicating on these boards, and their blog, too.

#12 LBUncleJoe

LBUncleJoe

Princess of Spain

• The Layabouts
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:36 AM

If there's going to be a randomly generated layout, it would be nice to have a ton of save slots for different runs. Then you wouldn't have to ditch everything you worked for to replay the game!

There shouldn't be anything that prevents us from including multiple save files, so don't worry!  :YAY:

Anyway, another suggestion would be to implement optional Vita specific features. Often the touch screen, rear touch pad, and motion sensors go unutilized. Wouldn't mind seeing some use of them, if only minor.

We're planning on using the Vita touchscreen for menu navigation, at the very least.

I really appreciate the developers being so open and communicating on these boards, and their blog, too.

Hey, thank you! Hope to keep that up as best as we can.

#13 margulz

margulz

Babby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:07 PM

I don't know what you think about legendary collectems? You could always make several different collectems so the game wont always have the same legends.it would be cool if they would also interact with the world of collectems, I'll list a few that I just thought of,
water and moon:the ocean, waves are crashing harder, water types are more aggressive
Light and dark: day and night fluctuates randomly(or a different interaction), making night and day stronger accordingly,

Dream and nightmare:citizens are asleep, won't wake up, and you have a chance to sleep and capture the legends?

Just to try and give a couple cool examples if you would like to try adding legends or if you already plan to :p

#14 LBUncleJoe

LBUncleJoe

Princess of Spain

• The Layabouts
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:28 PM

We have some very specific ideas in mind when it comes to how we want to handle 'Legendary' Collectems. We're not really ready to talk about those yet, but thank you very much for your suggestions!  :^_^:

#15 IRHP

IRHP

Jr. Patrol Leader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:12 AM

Legendaries are always interesting. Similarly, Starters could be different sometimes to increase replay value.

Auto-Battle/Instant Win (like Earthbound) might be a nice option to avoid tedium.

More a question than a suggestion; is there a mascot Collectem?

#16 LBUncleJoe

LBUncleJoe

Princess of Spain

• The Layabouts
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:52 PM

Not yet. It's a bit too early for us to know what Collectem would best represent the game and its world right now.

#17 Thomascheetah

Thomascheetah

Babby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:59 PM

So... hello all. My Name Is Thomas. I am new to this forum. What do you guys think about the monsters that are already created? I have a few I've made if yall would like to see them I can reveal a few prototypes.

#18 Joebro88

Joebro88

Babby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:15 PM

Yo, welcome! I'd totally be down with seeing some designs if you'll share them.

#19 Arrow

Arrow

Babby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:31 PM

I think if you guys do have a team rocket type organization you should have like a sort of ladder

like you start out as a grunt then after a certain number of steals or batteles you become an elite member then you get a chance to take over as the boss.

#20 IRHP

IRHP

Jr. Patrol Leader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:05 AM

^ Great idea. I thought about the ability to join but not rank up from within. Sounds awesome. Maybe have gang wars with other teams, and joining puts you at odds with law enforcement.

Maybe a pre-order bonus could be an exclusive Collectem? It would be cool incentive.

I can't wait for this game, really looking forward to this so much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users